Monday, May 4, 2009

Anyone work a part time job outside of their full time employment?

I am dying with the inflation levels what they are. I need more income than my full time 8-5 job will provide. I am thinking of getting a second job for evenings and weekends. But I do not want to get a second job that pays minimum wage and work with teenagers and immigrants doing menial work.





Anyone work a second job and are paid anything at all? Advice?





What is a good job for someone over forty years old?|||I%26#039;m not sure what your interests are, but I really enjoy being outside and doing yard work, light landscaping, general fixing (doors, windows, fences etc.) so I decided to do this on the side. I live in a neighborhood with quite a few older retired people... it%26#039;s AMAZING what they pay for me to come over and cut down some old shrubs, fix a garage window, clean up the yard or even shovel their sidewalks while they are off on vacation down south for the winter.


I do it a few hours a week, make a few bucks on the side and best of all NO BOSS OR OTHER EMPLOYEES TO WORK WITH. It%26#039;s just me outside on a nice day raking a tiny yard of leaves for $30. Word spreads FAST, soon their friends are calling asking you to come over and do odd jobs for them and I keep very busy.


Find a hobby and make it part time work.. you%26#039;ll enjoy what you do and it ends up not even feeling like work.|||I have 2 teens and am in the same boat as you. I just got a job at home depot for weekends and 1 night a week. They pay better than minimum wage.|||Sounds like you think you%26#039;re too good. Like your crap don%26#039;t stink. You need money and yet you can%26#039;t work with immigrants. Who%26#039;d want to hire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment