Monday, April 26, 2010

What do I do about a job that even your own department thinks is a waste of time?

I%26#039;m in this job, where I%26#039;m not supported and work on my own. The general vibe I get is that the job is a waste of time. I tend to plough my way through everything and just hope that I get it right (otherwise, I get busted by management). I%26#039;ve worked hard in this job and it feels so unrecognised. I feel like there isn%26#039;t anywhere to go with it and finding another job isn%26#039;t that easy. Has anyone out there had the same experience with their job and how did you overcome this feeling of negativity?|||I feel your pain. My job is very repetitive, boring, and thankless. Many of the things i do go by unrecognized. I%26#039;m also stuck here cuz they pay me barely enough that i can%26#039;t afford to switch careers. First and best option is to apply for new jobs every day, eventually you%26#039;ll get out of there. If money is an issue, see if you can take night or online classes to open up your options.


To make the best of your time there, see if there are aspects of your job that you can improve upon. You didn%26#039;t specify exactly what you do, but if you can find ways to save your company money or time (time is money), you%26#039;ll most likely get recognition, and maybe a little sense of accomplishment.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment