Monday, April 26, 2010

How long should I stay at my job for it to look good on my resume?

I%26#039;ve heard from various HR/hiring agents that 9 months to 1 year is the minimum. Any less and prospective employers will look suspiciously on why you worked such a short duration.





Yet I%26#039;ve heard others who say that this line of thinking is outdated and its becoming the accepted norm that people will bounce from job to job a lot in their career.





Can anyone with experience in the HR or the hiring field shed some more insight on what is the accepted duration of employment?|||You may run the risk of being flighty. Other than that, if you%26#039;re in a job you don%26#039;t like anymore or a better one comes along, then do what you have to do. The resume just get you into the door. After that, you MUST sell yourself in the interview. Once in the interview, the resume don%26#039;t mean squat.|||I agree i think 1 year minimum 2 + years better!|||Stayed on mine for 40 years............retired and fishing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment