Thursday, April 15, 2010

What is the best way to turn down a job off that you already accepted?

I was offered another job because i was stressed and frustrated with my current one. I sat down with my boss today to tell her and after a long talk, we worked things out and I told her that I%26#039;d stay for another 6 weeks to see if things were better. Problem is, I had already accepted the other job offer since I didn%26#039;t think that my current job would try to keep me. So what is the most professional way to tell the other emplyer that I am planning to stay?|||Oh you are so screwed. You just put in a 6 week notice at your current job. Your boss is going to either look for your replacement, or look to get rid of your position and you agreed to stay and let her do that to you.





I know you think your boss is your friend and that she would never do this to you. But her duty is to the company and she is doing what is best for her company.





Rarely, and I emphasize rarely, do counter offers ever work out well for the employee that stays. By looking for, and finding, another job you let your current boss know that you are going to leave eventually, and you are not dedicated to the company. Workers that are looked at in those ways never get raises or promotions and end up very unhappy and unemployed.





Good luck to you, you%26#039;re going to need it.|||Be honest and tell them the truth, your current company made you an offer that you are going to take. Thank this other company for the opportunity and to keep your resume on file should something change at your current place of work.|||Just be honest and tell them that you were stressed out, and that you have worked things out with your current employer. Thank them for their time to talk to you and that you would have liked exploring your opportunities at their place of work had things not been worked out. They may be frustrated, but they will appreciate your heads up instead of their finding out much later when you did not show up. Just be upfront and honest. Good luck on your present job.|||take good advice stick with your new job.


even if changes are made in your old office they will only end up the way they were before the discussion ultimately. So leave now when you can do so on your own terms.


Except ofcourse if the new place is just not worth it.|||Listen to the guys that are telling you to accept the new job and quit the one you have now, they are right, your boss is going to decide the best for the company not for you,! that is his job!, and if he can find a replacement for you, for sure he will replace you because he knows that you are not happy there, one of the most important things in a workplace, if you are not happy, then you are not motivated, if you are not motivated you are not going to invest all your knowledge, experience and skills to reach the goals established for your position, so., Unless you receive a wage increase in your next checkpayment, then I will reconsider my thinking, but if the main situation that are making you unhappy in your workplace is not the money, why and how do you think you boss will try to change the mind of each individual in your workplace just for making you happy, that will not happen!|||I have just been awarded a grant to study the mating habits of the African Anteater. I will be out of the country for the next three years and will not be able to accept your generous offer. Thank you so much for your time and good luck in filling the position.|||Please call them and let them know the truth. Being on the other end, it is hard when I hire someone and they never show up to work. Believe me, they%26#039;d appreciate a call letting them know!|||No No NO!


If you%26#039;re unhappy at your current job, what makes you think 6 weeks will make a difference. You current boss is just blowing smoke up your ***, and if things don%26#039;t work out in 6 weeks like you hope - well you%26#039;;re screwed. I would take the new job and put your notice in your current job.|||Wow. If you are only giving the current job 6 weeks, what if it doesn%26#039;t turn around? Then you are up a creek. Do you think it%26#039;ll get better, really? And now that the boss knows you are unhappy and may jump, I bet they start looking to replace you.





Does the new job look OK? I%26#039;m thinking you ditch the current job and go to the new one. After all, if the new job sucks you can go back to current boss with hat in hand and they might take you. But otherwise you might wind up with nothing.





This happened to me, my boss found out I was looking and then he tried working it out but that wasn%26#039;t going to happend, so he said %26quot;you can work here until I find a replacement%26quot; and that was it.|||I was in this same situation- my current job was stressing me out and frustrating me immensly. I found a better less stressful job and took it even though my current job ATTEMPTED to work things out. Keep the NEW job- when you%26#039;re at the stressed and frustrated point- the only thing to correct that is to get into a new situation. Besides why didn%26#039;t they notice that you were stressed EARLIER, why didn%26#039;t they attempt to help you out BEFORE??





Move on!! Think of it as staying with an abusive boyfriend if you do stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment