Monday, April 26, 2010

What else should I put on my job application for a position at the public library?

Hi! I%26#039;m 16 years old and have never had a job before. I%26#039;m applying for a position at the Omaha Public Library.





I%26#039;m trying to think of things to put on my application to make them want to hire me. Here%26#039;s what I have so far that I%26#039;m planning on including:


- I did a student internship at my youth church


-Knowledge of computers


-Can type 60 wpm


-Childcare volunteer at church


-then i%26#039;ll probably include something about my 3.81 gpa/good grades





Another thing I do is play in the worship band at my church every Wednesday night. I%26#039;m thinking of putting that on the application somewhere, because it%26#039;s technically volunteering, and it requires commitment to be on time for practice every week. Would that be a good idea to include that or would that be too random?


What else should I think about including?


Also, I wasn%26#039;t planning on turning in an actual resume with my application, because I haven%26#039;t had a real job yet, and the application has a section for experience/work record. Is that okay?|||I would certainly include your involvement with the worship band as well as your other activities. I would also include something about your reading habits and how much you like to read.





In this case I don%26#039;t think a resume is required, but it is never a bad idea to include one.

No comments:

Post a Comment