Monday, April 26, 2010

How can I prepare for my first job interview right out of college?

I just graduated from college and today I have my first job interview. I have worked many minimum wage jobs, so this will be my first career interview. I%26#039;m interviewing for an organization that helps mentally handicapped live on there own.|||Prepare for standard interview questions such as %26quot;Tell me about yourself%26quot; and %26quot;What are your goals?%26quot; etc. Also prepare for behavioral-type questions that explore your ability to do this job such as %26quot;Tell me about a situation that you had to show great tolerance%26quot;. For good interview question and answer advice, including sample answers and questions you can use the free website below.|||Research the job and company you are applying for well. Be prepared to answer their questions (there will be some general ones such as %26quot;why are you qualified for this career%26quot;). Also be prepared to ask questions. In addition, make sure when you write your resume to emphasize the qualities you have demonstrated in your previous jobs that this job might be looking for. For more info check out this article http://www.ehow.com/how_2286911_psycholo...|||just dress professional, be prepared with resumes, cover letters, smile, be polite, shake hands, remember names, use an ice breaker, %26quot;i like the office, nice picture, etc%26quot; it will lighten you up for the actual interview questions. have a couple question of your own ready to ask them, it makes you seem alot more interested. thank them for their time and be prepared for multiple questions they may ask. What makes you right for this job? How are you going to do with these people? etc..|||Try the sample interview questions available at http://www.cyberqbank.com/interview-ques...

No comments:

Post a Comment