Friday, November 20, 2009

Can I work a cashier job handling alcohol in Washington if I am not 18, but an emancipated minor?

I am 17 and a citizen of Washington State. I need to earn extra income, but essentially the only jobs around the area would include selling tobacco and alcohol. Can I apply for a job like this if I am an emancipated minor? Thanks.|||No, the law sets the age at 18 and makes no provisions or exceptions for emancipated minors.|||Generally, if it%26#039;s in a closed container and you work in a supermarket, convenience store, or discount store, it isn%26#039;t a problem. I know that, with regard to tobacco products, in the state of California, these are kept in locked cabinets and the manager gets these for the customers. For the alcoholic beverages, so long as the container is closed, there is no problem.|||I would highly doubt it





I%26#039;d assume that being an emancipated minor does not give immunity to that law as they%26#039;re pretty unrelated|||No, I don%26#039;t believe so. But you can always ask the manager of where ever you are talking about.|||Depends on the laws in your state. In my state you have to be atleast 19 to sell alcohol.|||no

No comments:

Post a Comment