Friday, November 20, 2009

How do I find a good engineering job?

I go to a school that%26#039;s not heavily recruited. But I%26#039;m still pulling a 3.9 GPA in ME. I want a hard job in engineering that will let me travel and make me think! For the time being I%26#039;d love to just get experience as an intern or at a part time job. Shoot - I%26#039;d even slow down my degree progress if I could land an interesting full time position. But I can%26#039;t seem to find them - internships, part time, or full-time jobs. Everyone wants someone who has five or more years of experience.





Are you an engineer? Do you recruit them? What do you suggest? Thank you!|||Slow down your degree process? Do you mean take a full time position and go to school part time? I wouldn%26#039;t recommend it, as most people who do never finish. You end up in a designer position that can only be promoted to an engineer after receiving the degree.





Monster, Monstertrak, Careerbuilder, Hotjobs, Net-Temps are all good resources for experienced professionals, but sometimes do list entry level and internships. My best advice as an engineering recruiter is to build a list of local engineering and manufacuturing companies, call and ask who the Engineering Manager is (don%26#039;t tell them it%26#039;s for a resume or they%26#039;ll direct you to HR) and mail a hard copy of your resume directly to them. If you can%26#039;t get the name then address it to %26quot;Director of Engineering%26quot;. II sent 50 of these out for my husband, also a Mechanical Engineer, and received 10 interview requests and several offers.





Another trick is to call other local/popular engineering colleges and pretend to be a prospective student, and ask their career center what companies recruit/hire their engineers. Be sure to send those companies resumes since they actively seek entry level grads %26amp; interns.





Best of luck!|||good!!! work for GRUNDFOS! visit their website at http://www.grundfos.com . This a very good company for engineers.








Regards,


domainie





http://www.website.ws/domainie|||chek out career builder.com, %26amp; also get some tips for interviews from monster.com, and salaries.com








good luck|||Try Monster or Hot Jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment