Monday, November 16, 2009

Can you describe your job in a UK plant nursery or similar place?

i am interested in finding out what it is like working in a plant nursery, or something similarly related to growing, propogation and gardening...from the work to the hours/job security etc...not just links to job descriptions, but accounts from professionals themselves, if anyone here can spare a minute to briefly describe what they do.|||I worked in a nursery as part of my education program in California, USA. It wasn%26#039;t what I imagined it would be like. I waited on customers many of whom had no idea what to buy, I watered plants throughout the nursery each day with a heavy hose, I wore a hat and long sleeve shirts to protect myself from too much sun exposure, I distributed deliveries out onto the tables. I helped load up peoples%26#039; purchases into their vehicles. It was mostly physical work, alot of standing on cement, low pay and few hours and, for me, not very satisfying. I also worked in a greenhouse while going to school which I did enjoy but knew I wouldn%26#039;t continue on there since the hours were few and the pay low. It was very restful, peaceful work. I planted seeds, transplanted, watered, prepared flower bowls, and was working on a breeding project where I pollinated specific varieties together.

No comments:

Post a Comment