Monday, November 16, 2009

How long after a job interview do companies contact you if you're offered the job?

Is there a certain period of time, like a week, when you haven%26#039;t heard back you can assume you didn%26#039;t get the job?|||Usually after the interview they will tell you how long to wait.. but normally give it about 2 weeks or so...





You could be pro-active and give them a call, if you are sure you did well for the interview..





As for myself, recently I was offered the job immediately after the interview.. but that%26#039;s cos I was interviewed by the boss and he have direct say on who to employ..|||It really depends on the position. A local professional job, about 2 weeks. An out-of-state professional job, might well be 2 weeks after the 2nd interview. At a retail store, 2 days at most. At Starbuck, Subway, McDonald or a donut shop, 2 hours.|||call them let them know you are interstead in the opening.|||Within a week or so. Depends on the job|||If after a week you haven%26#039;t heard anything give the company a call to let them know you are still interested. Show some persistence; this may be what they are looking for.|||I typically assume 1-2 weeks unless you are told by the hiring manager it will take them up to a month of interviews. I found out I got my job only 5 hours after the interview.





EDIT:





Top company? I strongly encourage you to send a thank you e-mail to the hiring manager if you have not already and FOLLOW-UP within a week. Be smart and be pro-active but not pushy or demanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment