Friday, November 20, 2009

How do you quit a job given by a family friend because of asthma?

Due to being in college, I need a flexible schedule to be able to work somewhere. A family friend offered me a job working for her cleaning company, but I found out on my first day that I would be around ALOT of cigarette smoke. I have severe asthma that is very easily triggered by cigarette smoke. How do I quit that job after only one day and still retain the friendship?|||Tell them exactly what you just told us.|||By saying exactly what you typed.


%26quot;I didn%26#039;t realise when I said yes that this job would have this effect on my asthma. Sorry but I think it would be better if I left. I really appreciate you helping me out like this though.%26quot;


Simple, honest and straightforward.|||tell them nicely that u want to quit the job because of ur asthma..


tell them that u can%26#039;t stand the cigarette smoke...


don%26#039;t be afraid...|||Be honest. Let her know that you appreciate the job, but your asthma flares up at the job and you don%26#039;t think it would be a benefit for you or her if you kept working there. As a friend, she should understand that your health is important.|||Just be honest about it and be sure to thank them for the job even though it didn%26#039;t work out.|||Remember, business is business and friendship is friendship. You and your friend should separate the two, and you%26#039;ll be fine. When you go to your friend to quit, tell them up front that this is a business decision, this has nothing to do with the friendship, then say why you can%26#039;t work there anymore.





I used to work for some friends of mine, and the guy was having a hard time letting me go after a while, just because of this same problem. When I showed him how to approach me businesslike, and assured him that we%26#039;d still be friends afterwards, he had no problem, and we are still friends today. Good luck.|||Just be honest. There%26#039;s no need to feel guilty about it. They will totally understand a medical restriction and if not, do not use the term %26quot;friend%26quot; when you speak of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment