Friday, November 20, 2009

Is anybody else in a job they really hate and having trouble finding a new one?

I hate my job. I have been here over 3 years. I%26#039;ve only gotten one raise. I have a lousy cubicle. I get yelled at by angry people all day on the phones (I work at an in-bound, not OUT-bound call center). I have been on 3 different job interviews but nothing has panned out. I%26#039;m really getting discouraged and depressed. Is anyone else in a similar situation?|||I absolutly hate my job. I feel like its sucking the life out of me literally. Basically I sit behind a desk for 8 hours and take a 1 hour lunch daily. There is very little people interaction, etc, etc. I never thought my life would be like this after college, but I hope to find a new job very soon before I go crazy.





I am thinking about going back to school for a completely different career area. Maybe you could look into that.|||I feel exactly the same way about my job. I can%26#039;t satnd being there anymore. I hate it!!!! I hate most of the people that work there. I am thinking of going back to school too. Report Abuse
|||i feel your pain! i%26#039;ve been working for this insurance agency for 2 years, and if it weren%26#039;t for the fact that my boss is my future father in law, i would have quit a very long time ago. and to top it all off, my fiance was laid off a couple weeks ago, so me looking for a different job is out of the question until he finds another one :( good luck to you on the job hunt!|||I just quit my job 2 weeks ago because it sucked. Yes the job pays well but the hours sucked. I was clocking between 100 to 130 hour weeks.





Bottom line is that you don%26#039;t need a job. I am just being a professional investor right now and making much more money.|||I%26#039;m in a very similar situation. Hate my job, hate all four of my bosses. My job is similar to the movie %26quot;Office Space%26quot;, yet not funny at all.





I%26#039;ve been looking for another job for a long time. No such luck there. I have the skills, but there just doesn%26#039;t seem to be any available positions.





Sigh, best thing to do is to make the best of your situation until you find something better.|||Try a job in hospitality such as a Concierge, Front Desk Agent, Room Service Operator, At Your Service Agent or some other customer service position that may involve phone service. Most people at hotels/resorts are happy as they are on vacation. You will get the occasional upset customer but usually there is something you can offer them to appease the situation. Visit http://greatjobs.marriott.com to see if any Marriott%26#039;s in your area have positions similar to the ones I mentioned or others that might be of interest to you! Good luck!|||All jobs are optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment