Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I get a job when past boss poisoned my personnel file?

Just found out that 2 years ago my old boss put a poisonous bogus performance review and denial of rehire in my permanent personnel file. It%26#039;s 2 late 2 sue. I%26#039;ve been to 23 professional level job interviews since them and once they check my job history then I am history. How can I rebuild my ruined employment reputation?|||i am sorry that this happens to you. maybe you can volunteer at the senior center, library, hospital , etc. for a while. also, perhaps you can try to get a part time job at the department store while looking for others. i really do not think that it is fair for any employer to do this, and i have heard about this more than once and someone i know have been through it. i hope everything works out for you. good luck.|||If you have solid proof that this review is inaccurate, then you should speak to HR at that company and address it with them.





Depending on where you are, you should consider looking into employment law and how it applies to negative references.





Lastly, consider taking the job off of your background until this is resolved.|||At the point on an application where it says %26quot;reason for leaving%26quot; you write%26quot;Will explain in interview.%26quot;





Once you are in the interview, you follow this 4 point plan.





1.Admit that there was a problem


2. State that it was in the past


3. Say what you learned from it


4. Change the subject.





The only other solution I have is to not list that employer as a reference, if at all possible.|||Take them off your resume. If need that job on there, is there someone else there that can give you a reference or a past coworker that might write you a letter?

No comments:

Post a Comment