Monday, November 16, 2009

What are some common behavioral job interview questions and what if you get stuck?

I will ge graduating with a bachelors in finance in May. I%26#039;m kind of nervous at job interviews and I hate behavioral job interview because they put you on the spot and you dont know what to expect. What are some behavioral questions employers will ask? What%26#039;s the best way to prepare for one and what do you do when they ask a challenging question in which you cannot apply yourself to it or just plain out stuck and dont know what to say?|||As an employer I want to know that the candidate is...





1) qualified for the position or trainable


2) capable of working with others with minimal conflict (I understand that not everyone gets along)


3) on time, on task, on target with their assignments


4) ethical, moral, and legal





I don%26#039;t look for perfection... I%26#039;m the boss... and I%26#039;M NOT.





Be honest. Take your time and give thought to your answers... even chuckle if you find the questions humorous or unusual to release tension... we often know the questions are strange, like %26quot;what are your LEAST FAVORABLE QUALITIES?%26quot; To me it%26#039;s a dumb question... but I will ask it to catch the candidate reaction.





Don%26#039;t be ashamed to ask if you do not fully understand what is being asked.





To prepare I suggest a %26quot;mock interview%26quot; with someone you trust in their opinion or someone who is in the line of work you are seeking. Then there is just tape recording yourself and being your own critic. It used to work for me.|||I work in health care but the question I always get asked that I can never think of the answer to is, what are your flaws, things that you need to work on. I always say give me a minute to think on that, then I say the only thing I may have to work on is doing to much work and stepping over other people feet, I have to busy all the time or I get bored and start doing other peoples jobs.|||Don`t be nervous.





Go to interviews very natural.


DO NOT go to interviews that don;t match your profile!!


remember to be natural.


nomather what they ask you, you answer, and put more questions (about company, employees, clients, etc) -%26gt; that will make you eager and enthuziast about the company (they love this).


and always remember to be natural.


if you are not and let`s say you get a job, you have that trial period and in that one the employer will find out how your natural state is and might not be pleased.


chill and relax .. just talk .. it`s like a relationship .. if you like eachother it`ll be ok|||I guess my situation is the same as urs. i will be graudating this may and i have several interviews coming up next week and the week after next.


These are what other people told me:


1) Search for some common behavior questions online


2) Practice


3) Do some mock interviews with friends or career counselor


4) Relax


5) It is not the end of the world if u didnt do well. There will always be another interview.|||those questions are bullshit. just designed to make you talk. like a police interrogation. the more you talk they%26#039;ll find something to trip you up





just don%26#039;t feel pressured to talk. ask the interviewer to explain the question or just tell them you want to move on. if they%26#039;re bull shitting you chancers are you%26#039;re not getting the job anyway and they%26#039;re just killing time so not to hurt your feelings.|||Well, by being teachable, coachable and trainable, with a great attitude, a sphere of influence you can build a team starting with 2 people and manage an organization. Earn as you learn! Being your own boss is one of the best things you can do, set your own hours, work form home, no geographical boundaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment